Hangovers are felt mainly in the morning, after a night of drinking. The general characteristics of hangovers are a feeling of nausea, vomiting, feeling of heaviness in the stomach, headache, sensitivity to light and noise and excessive thirst. The symptoms can vary greatly from one person to another. In people with low resistance to alcohol, there may be diarrhea, fever and pains in joints and muscles due to a hangover.
The alcohol humans normally consume is ethyl alcohol. In its pure form, it is a colorless liquid which is readily miscible with water. The presence of alcohol in the blood decreases nerve impulses. This is what leads to feeling drunk when you're drunk. But if the feeling continues until the next morning, the individual will suffer from a hangover.
It is very important to know how to handle a potential hangover. Not just the hangover you ruin the day but also cause havoc on your health. When drinks, there is a loss of water and essential body nutrient. So along with fighting a hangover, you also have to replace lost nutrients.
Also read: "Drinks Causing More Hangover".
- Of course, the best and easiest home remedy to prevent a hangover is not to drink alcohol. The second best natural remedy is that if you are going to drink, do not drink too much.
- First, you should never drink on an empty stomach. It is preferable to drink after eating abundantly. Hence arose the concept of appetizers and entrees. The food that came with the alcohol is preferably a fatty food. This will help the body absorb the best alcohol. Even the fried food will cling on the inner wall of the gastrointestinal tract and delay the assimilation of alcohol in the blood.
- Water is the best natural therapy that can be used to combat hangover. Do not take a drink with flavor or color, as these contain artificial colors and sugar. Sugar and dye are added to stomach problems. Drink about 16 glasses of water a day if you are suffering from hangover and see a big improvement.
- Citrus fruits are a home remedy very beneficial to combat a hangover. An orange or lemon juice, sweetened with sugar is good. In addition, the bananas are effective. Bananas contain fructose and potassium, one of which is nullified by frequent urination nutrients that alcohol concerned. Kiwis are also rich in protein.
- Caffeine and chocolate have positive effects in the surf. After an alcoholic binge, eat a candy bar or drink a cup of coffee. This will help restore nerve impulses. However, too much coffee could eliminate the body further nutrients. So be careful not to take more than a cup of coffee.
- In the morning after an alcoholic binge, make a breakfast of two eggs with bread. Eggs provide energy to the body and help to rebuild their protein content. In addition, eggs can help remove accumulated toxins in the body.
- If there is constipation in the morning along with the hangover, you can take any over the counter medicine in order to stop constipation. Mint and camomile tea may be consumed in order to stop constipation.
- Mix a banana with milk, honey and ground almonds. You can mix it in a blender to make it easier, especially suitable after a long night of partying and alcohol. The milk will help you with nausea, almonds provide iron you and help you with honey sugar levels.
- If your friends say that alcohol consumption can alleviate the symptoms of a hangover, do not listen to this poor advice, because this is not true. You have to realize that your body is still recovering from the alcohol consumed the night before. Doing this it would lead to an increased activity of the liver demands, with consequent damage to it, as it would be required to extra stress.
- Diet is important to overcome the hangover. The broth soup is a great natural remedy known. The broth soup contains many vitamins and nutrients that the body needs to repair itself. Add a little cayenne pepper soup increases the heart rate and mental awareness. Do not eat processed foods, foods with sugar and bread. Eat many fruits and vegetables colored since they contain a higher amount of antioxidants.
- For nausea and vomiting, take the elm tea, that will calm the stomach discomfort and is also a great antioxidant. The elm tea also return to nourish your body.
- For heartburn stomach drink mint tea. This cools the stomach and also stimulates the mind, helping to get rid of the feeling of lethargy. A large share of mint is to be a painkiller. This will help to release the pain of the body in general.