Italian researchers have discovered that lithium, a drug commonly used to treat the mood disorder and bipolar disorder, is able to stimulate the formation of new neurons in the hippocampus, a part of the brain associated with learning and memory. Lithium also significantly improved the performance of mice with Down syndrome contextual task learning and spatial memory distinguishing objects.
As told in the Journal of Clinical Investigation Laura Gasparini and colleagues at the Italian Institute of Technology in Genoa, the results suggest that lithium-based therapies can solve the cognitive problems of patients with Down syndrome, a neurodevelopmental disorder that is the leading cause of mental retardation due to genetic causes. People with Down syndrome have abnormalities in the brain connections between neurons and a reduction in the development of new neurons that usually occurs during learning, as the authors of the study presented in the article.
It is not the only benefit that you found the battery. Previous studies by German and Japanese scientists and published in the European Journal of Nutrition shows that eating regularly at low doses this element increases the life expectancy of both humans and other animals.
- I rolled on the floor putting Forceps!
- Curl training - Training Tip Curl
- Watching TV increases by 3.4% the risk of diabetes, Study Says
- Are 6 new genetic risk factors for Parkinson"s
- The best way to lose weight in no time
- Avoiding Pregnancy Stretch.
- Tips to Prevent Diseases
- Help yourself to win your confidence to lose weight
- Measurement methods to know if you are overweight
- Fat Loss for Food Lovers