Everyone knows that fungus thrives in damp, moist and warm areas. It can be found in places such as the bathroom, on a window-sill, in the shower curtains, or even on the walls. Even your clothes can be infected by fungus if you are not careful. Using the correct mold cleaning strategies can ensure that you do not have to face the problem of mold.
- Prevention is worth an ounce of cure. It has long been said that it is better to be a problem to prevent, then in order to deal with a single later. Well, how to prevent mold forming? To a large extent it depends on the material you're talking about. For example, never fold wet clothing, bedding or blankets before it is completely dry.
- Separate and quarantine. Clothing, or bedding with mold stains, it must be washed along with the rest of the laundry as there may still be in the fungal spores ..
- Shelves should be monitored. Clean the shelves where mold has formed with a mild bleach solution or vinegar before an item.
- Shower curtains particularly sensitive. Mold formed on the shower curtain can be prevented by the complete closure after use in order to possibly water running away from the curtain. If there is mold on the shower curtain though, wipe it with a damp cloth and a cleaning agent such as window or bathroom cleaner.
- Keep an eye out for potential problems. Keep an eye out for dank, dark areas of your home, and make sure they are cleaned and dried as much as possible. As long as the moisture source is not treated, i.e., a simple leak that is ignored, mold will not be clear.
- Do not be afraid to replace items. Not all mold stains may be removed and items restored to their original appearance, and then it must be replaced. Where mold has been damaged by an absorbent or porous materials such as ceiling board or carpets, to the extent where it can not be cleaned properly, discard the spoiled items and replace them.
- Check food. Foods such as bread, flour or other contaminated messages must be placed in plastic bags before being placed in the trash. To prevent mold from forming on bread, make sure that any surface or lunchbox dry before the bread on or in it. If there is no ventilation in the lunchbox will form mold in a very short time.
- Vinegar can remove mold. Mold on wooden cutting boards can be cleaned with vinegar. Dry cutting board or other kitchen utensil thoroughly before you put it back in place. Refrain from the use of more aggressive chemicals such as it may be toxic or unhealthy for animals and humans.