While not as frequent, vegetarianism and being overweight is a possible relationship, so for those vegetarians who want to lose weight now we will leave some simple tips to consider and implement the organization of your diet.
Of course, as with any weight loss plan and find a motivation to advance the same, it is important to start organizing it every day, including time for training and meals that will make the necessary arrangements.
However, our tips for vegetarians who want to lose weight:
- Choose low glycemic carbohydrates and more fiber, ie, choose whole grains, eat fresh fruits and vegetables and with skin and incorporate vegetables as an alternative to many cereals.
- Moderate portions of all types of food we consume daily and slightly reduce the amount ingested, to favor the reduction in caloric diet.
- Avoid excess carbohydrates in the evening and choice for dinner, foods high in protein, such as soy and derivatives, dried fruit and the preparations include vegetables with fewer carbohydrates and more protein, like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach.
- Avoid alcohol and sugary drinks and choose water as usual as usual drink diet.
- Take care of cooking methods and avoid fried foods although we are consuming only vegetables.
- Cook more at home because we buy vegetarian preparations often have significant calories from starch, flour or oil to emulsify, adding flavor and texture to the preparations while at home can limit ingredients that add calories to dishes.
- Avoid high-calorie and vegetarian foods, and choose lighter preparations, with more fiber and more of satiety.
- Quantify the use of vegetable oils, seeds and dried fruits because we consume too much and they raise the caloric intake of the daily diet.
- It is recommended not to use oil more than 3 tablespoons and consume no more than 30 grams of dried fruit and seeds a day if you want to lose weight.
- Choose soy milk or other sugars added tasteless, as they often add sugar to its composition, which increase the calories in the drink.
- Move more each day and regularly, as exercise can be your best ally to lose weight easily.
If you have a few extra kilos and do not know how to reduce the calorie content of a vegetarian diet, we recommend apply the tips given above ideal for vegetarians who want to lose weight without neglecting the health of the body.